Codo and Laser City - Marketing Specialist
FunEx is growing and looking to add a Marketing Specialist to our head office team!
We own and operate Codo.ca (providing online camps and clubs to kids) as well as Laser City laser tag, with locations in Edmonton and Calgary. We're actively growing with new locations, brands and concepts. We employ a small head office team, as well as 30+ staff in our facilities.
We provide fun and memorable experiences for our in-person guests with laser tag, mini paintball and VR Escape Rooms. Our name comes from one of our core values; delivering fun experiences.
Marketing tasks include...
- Being responsible for implementing digital and traditional advertising campaigns for Codo and Laser City, including
- Google AdWords
- Facebook and Instagram Ads
- Social media content
- Internal signage in our facilities (print and digital)
- Email marketing campaigns
- Printed promotional material (brochures, flyers, coupons, etc)
- Specialized print advertising opportunities
- Constantly be on the look out for new marketing opportunities
- Manage social media interactions from our customers and community
- Keep our websites up to date
- Working with the management and sales team to promote upcoming specials and promotions, and understanding seasonal sales trends to make the most of opportunities throughout the year
- Manage our internal marketing calendar
- Thoroughly understand our customer's demographics as well as their wants, desires and motivations
- Occasionally travel to our Laser City Calgary location to oversee in-facility marketing efforts
- Representing us at trade shows and events
Occasional Customer Service tasks include...
- Answering incoming phone calls and returning voicemail
- Responding to email inquiries
- Co-coordinating larger bookings (tours, quotes, etc.)
- Other routine office tasks
We pride ourselves on using the latest technology throughout our business and try to take advantage of technology wherever we can.
- You've been involved in digital marketing campaigns (Google AdWords, email, Facebook, Instagram, etc) and have been able to show a real ROI for them. They don't have to be massive campaigns, but this can't be your first rodeo.
- You're familiar with things like retargeting, SEO, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, tracking pixels, customer segmentation, A/B testing, Zapier, etc
- Experience with products like Mailchimp, Trello, Google Apps and Canva would be awesome
- You're a spreadsheet ninja who can use data to show the effectiveness of your efforts
- You've got basic graphic design skills, but more importantly, can recognize good design and make sure we're always putting out well designed pieces (we often work with graphic design contractors who you'll need to supervise)
- Basic photo and video production and editing skills would be a great asset.
- You understand that advertising without analytics and measurement is a waste of time and money
- You take pride in delivering amazing customer service and are willing to go the extra mile for a customer
- You are self-driven and able to hold yourself accountable for your results (we don't like to babysit people)
- You take pride in being aware of the latest trends and technologies in the ever-evolving consumer marketing landscape (so you know whether Snapchat Filters are a good idea or how daily-deal sites are evolving)
- You’ve worked in an office setting before
- You have a happy, friendly and outgoing attitude with a ‘can do’ personality
This job is funded through a grant which requires the candidate to be female, under 30, currently un-employed or under-employed (working in a role not using your full potential) and having graduated from a post secondary education program (2-4 year programs are applicable).
The ideal candidate is the kind of person who enjoys learning about and experimenting with new technologies and approaches to advertising and marketing. You should get a kick out of coming up with an idea, implementing it, measuring and adjusting it, and then seeing positive results.
- $40,000/yr starting wage
- Fun services to be marketing (our customers enjoy receiving our services, which makes selling them a lot easier!)
- A young team to work with
- All the laser tag you can play
- A fast-growing company with plenty of advancement opportunities as we grow
This role is based in our office in South Edmonton location (5104 67 Ave) and is full-time.
This position will require the candidate to be available to work some evenings and weekends (usually just one day).
To apply complete the application form with your information and then tell us about your experience with the things we're looking for. Also, mention if you're a cat or dog person. We don't care either way, but this will show if you actually read the whole ad.
We are looking to fill this role ASAP and look forward to your application!