FunEx / Laser City - Marketing Specialist
FunEx owns and operates indoor recreation facilities in Alberta. We have Laser City locations in Edmonton and Calgary, and are actively growing with new locations, brands and concepts. We employ a small head office team, as well as 30+ staff in our facilities.
We provide fun and memorable experiences for our guests with laser tag, mini paintball and VR Escape Rooms. Our name comes from one of our core values; delivering fun experiences.
Our customers range from parents organizing their kids birthday parties, to teenagers looking for something fun to do, to large and small organisations organizing social events for their staff or members.
We're looking to grow our head office team by adding a Marketing Specialist. This is a new role within the organisation and one with a lot of potential for impact and growth.
This role has two main elements to it: Marketing and Customer Service.
Marketing tasks Include...
- Being responsible for implementing digital and traditional advertising campaigns, including
- Google AdWords
- Facebook and Instagram Ads
- Social media content
- Internal signage in our facilities (print and digital)
- Email marketing campaigns
- Printed promotional material (brochures, flyers, coupons, etc)
- Specialized print advertising opportunities
- Constantly be on the look out for new marketing opportunities
- Manage social media interactions from our customers and community
- Keep our websites up to date
- Working with the management and sales team to promote upcoming specials and promotions, and understanding seasonal sales trends to make the most of opportunities throughout the year
- Manage our internal marketing calendar
- Thoroughly understand our customer's demographics as well as their wants, desires and motivations
- Occasionally travel to our Calgary location to oversee in-facility marketing efforts
- Representing us at trade shows and events
Customer Service tasks include...
Answering incoming phone calls and returning voicemail
Responding to email inquiries
Co-coordinating larger bookings (tours, quotes, etc)
Other routine office tasks
We pride ourselves on using the latest technology throughout our business and try to take advantage of technology wherever we can.
- You've been involved in digital marketing campaigns (Google AdWords, email, Facebook, Instagram, etc) and have been able to show a real ROI for them. They don't have to be massive campaigns, but this can't be your first rodeo.
- You're familiar with things like retargeting, SEO, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, tracking pixels, customer segmentation, A/B testing, Zapier, etc
- Experience with products like Mailchimp, Trello, Google Apps and Canva would be awesome
- You're a spreadsheet ninja who can use data to show the effectiveness of your efforts
- You've got basic graphic design skills, but more importantly, can recognize good design and make sure we're always putting out well designed pieces (we often work with graphic design contractors who you'll need to supervise)
- Basic photo and video production and editing skills would be a great asset.
- You understand that advertising without analytics and measurement is a waste of time and money
- You take pride in delivering amazing customer service and are willing to go the extra mile for a customer
- You are self-driven and able to hold yourself accountable for your results (we don't like to babysit people)
- You take pride in being aware of the latest trends and technologies in the ever-evolving consumer marketing landscape (so you know whether Snapchat Filters are a good idea or how daily-deal sites are evolving)
- You’ve worked in an office setting before
- You have a happy, friendly and outgoing attitude with a ‘can do’ personality
Formal education is not specifically required for this role. The ideal candidate is the kind of person who enjoys learning about and experimenting with new technologies and approaches to advertising and marketing. You should get a kick out of coming up with an idea, implementing it, measuring and adjusting it, and then seeing positive results.
- $40,000/yr starting wage
- A cell phone allowance of $50/month
- Company provided laptop
- Fun services to be marketing (our customers enjoy receiving our services, which makes selling them a lot easier!)
- A young team to work with
- All the laser tag you can play
- A fast-growing company with plenty of advancement opportunities as we grow
This role is based in our office in South Edmonton location (5104 67 Ave) and is full-time.
Our office hours are 11am to 7pm to allow us to be there for our customers at times that work for them. This role is scheduled to work Tuesday to Saturday. You'll be required to work one weekend day (and not work one weekday) as that's when the majority of our business is done and provides the most opportunities to interact with our customers.
For operational reasons, this is not a 9-5 M-F role. If that's what you need, please do not apply.
We understand that most people in roles like this also have side freelance work, and as long as it doesn't affect your work for us, we're happy for you to do that outside of your hours working with us.
To apply complete the application form with your information and then tell us about your experience with the things we're looking for. Also, mention if you're a cat or dog person. We don't care either way, but this will show if you actually read the whole ad.
We are looking to fill this role ASAP and look forward to your application!