Please note, we are hiring for both our Calgary and Edmonton locations.
Our Calgary location is NOT accessible by public transit unfortunately.
Please read the whole ad and apply with the form below!
What is a Remote Learning Facility?
We are offering a place for children in Grades 1-6 to come to on school days and do their online learning, as well as have a ton of fun with other kids. Our customers are generally parents who are uneasy about sending their kids to school, but need to go to work themselves. With our massive facilities and small number of kids, we're uniquely able to provide a safe and fun environment during these very unusual times.
The schooling portion will be provided online by teachers from the Public and Catholic school boards. We will be supervising the children during their online school time, and providing them with support and assistance when needed.
To be clear, we're not teaching the kids, we're simply helping to facilitate their online learning in a safe and fun environment.
We will have spaces set up for each child to study, all while socially distanced from one another.
After the children have done their schooling for the day, we will facilitate a variety of fun filled activities such as Arts, Crafts, Laser Tag, Mini Paintball, Minecraft, Story Writing, Dinosaur Facts, Educational Movies, making Balloon Animals, and more!
What does a Learning Host do?
We're looking for hosts that are friendly, fun and outgoing people to join our team! We're looking for people that enjoy being role models for kids, while also helping to create a fun, safe and regular environment for the children who attend.
We are not trying to replace their teachers by any means, but we are there to support children through their learning and growth.
- supervising and assisting children with their online education
- organizing and participating in kids activities
- communicating with parents
- providing a positive role model and being someone kids feel safe and comfortable talking to
- cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, furniture, etc
- ensuring all Covid-19 policies are being adhered to
Who is GREAT Candidate for this job? Well, you must be…
- Really, really great at working with kids
- Outgoing and Confident
- Fun and Friendly
- Always willing to help
- Detail oriented
- Great decision making skills
- Quick thinking and confident
- 100% trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to work on your own and manage yourself
- Good communication skills
- Post Secondary in Education or Childhood Development
- Experience working or volunteering with children ages 6 to 12
- Familiarity with technology used in online education (you can't be someone who doesn't "do computers"...)
- Must be aged 18+
- Ability to pass a criminal records background check
This is intended to be a full time position, primarily Monday to Friday, during the day, but if you also have weekend availability, or are looking for something slightly different, we would love to hear about that too.
So - how to apply?– please fill out the form below.
Please include something in the email too. Don't just send us an email saying "here's my resume". You will not get a call if you do that. Tell us a little about yourself. Tell us a little about what you're looking for (hours, availability, etc). Tell us why you'd be awesome at this job. Show us your personality!
Also, tell us if you're a dog or cat person (this it to see who reads everything....). If you can't do these simple things, you're not good at following directions, and that's a problem...
We genuinely look forward to hearing from you!